Friday, April 25, 2008
# 1 whole pork butt
* 1/4 cup black pepper
* 1/4 cup paprika
* 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
* 2 tablespoons salt
* 2 teaspoons dry mustard
* 1 teaspoon cayenne
Molasses Barbecue Sauce
* 3 cups chicken stock
* 1 cup dry white wine
* 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
* 1/4 cup molasses
* 1/4 cup chopped plum tomato
* 3 tablespoons shallot, minced
* 2 tablespoons pitted dates, minced
* 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1. For rub: mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. For sauce: Combine in nonreactive saucepan,
bring to boil and simmer until it reduces to 1 1/2 cups.
3 For pork: Rub pork with rub.
4. Place in Plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
5. Take out pork and re-rub.
6. Let sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
7. Roast on rack uncovered in oven at 250-275 degrees until falling apart tender.
8. It will take 7-8 hours, the internal temperature of the pork when done should
be between 195 and 200 degrees.
9. Pull pork into pieces, toss with sauce.
10 Serve with extra sauce (If you prefer, the pork can be served with Pig Pickin